HOW TO INSTALL AN MT4 INDICATOR OR EA ON MAC?
To copy the indicators and expert advisors, simply navigate to the ‘Applications’ folder right click on the MT4 application and select ‘Show Package’ contents. Then copy/paste your indicators and expert advisors into the MT4/experts or MT4/indicators folder.
1) Download and save your MT4 files (ex4 and mq4) on Mac.
2) Click “Finder”
3) Click “Applications”. Find the ‘MetaTrader for Mac’ => right click on it. (Mtrading in our example)
4) Select the “Show Package Contents”
5) Click “drive_c” > “Program Files” > “NameOfYorFforexbroker MT4″ > “MQL4″ > “Experts”
6) Copy your downloaded ex4 (mq4) files
- – EA files (ex4 or .mq4) into MQL4/Experts folder.
- – Indicators (ex4 or .mq4) files into MQL4/Indicators folder.
- – Scripts files (ex4 or .mq4) into MQL4/Scripts folder.
- – Settings files of EA (.set) into MQL4/Presets folder.
- – Libraries files (dll) files into MQL4/Libraries folder.
NOTE: Template files must be NOT in “MQL4 folder” . Into “drive_c” > “Program Files” > “NameOfYorFforexbroker MT4″ folder
7) Close your MT4 platform if it’s currently running, reopen it, and you should see your Expert Advisor in your Navigator menu.
October 13, 2020